The construction industry is the UK’s largest user of natural resources, and produces huge amounts of waste. Everyone in the construction industry can contribute to tackling this by reducing waste, using materials in a better way, and collecting waste for recycling.
The Benefits of Effective Construction Waste Management.
• Reduced material costs; more effective use of materials can help in cutting your costs. Fewer materials will need to be purchased and the waste requiring disposal is reduced. The outlay for the project is reduced and this will increase your profit margins. You will spend less on professional management services, hence improving the efficiency of your staff and contactor.
• Meeting legal and other requirements; proper management of your construction waste is supposed to make it easier for you to comply with waste legislation such as the duty care and hazardous waste control. Other obligations that it should help you meet easily are planning and building regulations, and internal targets and policies.
• Lower disposal costs; By putting in place a plan that involves the disposal of less waste, your business will save on future costs in terms of skip hire, landfill tax and gate fees. This will further play into making your projects to be as cost-effective as possible.
• Be economically friendly; Aside from the savings on costs, having the ability to say that your business is economically friendly can also be hugely beneficial to developers, contractors and clients.
• Build an eco-friendly reputation; By introducing a public policy in regards to how you dispose of waste, you will build up a positive reputation that will help to promote your business. With further environmental legislation likely to pass in the future, moving your business towards sustainable standards will also stand you in good stead for when future changes to working practices are made.
Here at North West Waste, we are able to provide a complete range of construction waste management and recycling services for all manner of buildings and work sites. Many of our clients comprise some of the largest fit-out and construction businesses in the UK. They use our services because of our exceptional standards of customer service, our reliability and the high standards of support they receive; from waste management planning, right through to the gathering of statistics and the production of a plan-of-action, in order to improve on-site waste management.What next?
For further details please get in touch with North West Waste Consultants via our contact page or call us now on 01744 758 349 for more details about our construction waste disposal services.